2018 Cub Day Camp
Fun in the Sun “”
2018 Cub Day Camp
To Register: Go to Http://orangecounty.camp-master.com
COST AND DATES: $170
- Campers: (includes 1 camp t-shirt, crafts, activities and insurance) extra t-shirt = $10
NOTE: If your unit earned the “Journey to Excellence Gold Unit Award for 2017, you are eligible for an addition $5.00 discount. With early registration and JTE award = the total fee of $145.00
Refunds: Last day to request a refund is 6/22/18 in writing. There is a $50 cancellation fee
50% Camperships are available, please email: email@example.com for information.
- Adult Volunteer: (No-cost, Free camp t-shirt for 3 to 5 days of volunteering) extra t-shirt=$10
- Youth Volunteer: (No-cost, Free t-shirt, optional hot meal plan of $15) extra t-shirt = $10
- Siblings: cost of $5 per day, max. $20 per child. (includes 1 camp t-shirt) extra t-shirt = $5
CAMPERS: If the cub will be in this grade in the Fall, register him as a:
1st grade = Tiger
2nd grade = Wolf
3rd grade = Bear
4th & 5th grade = Webelos / AOL
NOTE: Campers must be currently registered with Boy Scouts of America, and maybe registered in any district or council in the US. If you have not yet submitted his application, call Carol 714-328-2109 for instructions.
Den Coordinator: Each Den (Sea Creature) needs 2-3 adult coordinators. The coordinators arrive at 2:30pm each day to receive the daily instructions and be ready to receive the den members (Crew) They escort their den to each of the events and keep them on track with the schedule. They see that the Crew is engaged with their Den and when there is spare time during the day, the Coordinators will help Den work on the Den’s skit / song for Friday’s campfire.
Event Assistant: These volunteers will be assigned to program/sport locations. Your assignment may change from day to day as needed. You will receive your daily assignment at the Headquarter (Command Center) check-in table.
YOUTH VOLUNTEER: Receives your daily assignment from the Camp SPL (Senior Patrol Leader)
- Youth ages 11-13 will need to have a parent that is also volunteering and the youth will be assigned to the same activity as the parent. (This is a requirement of the National BSA policies)
- Youth ages 14-17 do not require a volunteering parent in camp on the days that the youth work.
Den Chief: A youth volunteer will be assigned to each den to act as a Den Chief. He will work under the Lead Den Coordinator and assist as needed in escort the den around the camp.
Event Helper: These youth will be assigned to program/sports locations as needed. Daily assignments may vary from day to day.
SIBLINGS: Siblings are only allowed in camp on the day(s) that their parent is volunteering.
- Tot-Lot: Age 3-5 boys and girls and potty trained. (Cost is $5 per day or $20 for the week)
Tot-lot kids are required to stay in the tot-lot area at all times and under the supervision of the Staff. Parent will pick up tot-lot kids during evening meal break.
- Sibling Den: Girls age 6-10 (Cost is $5 per day or $20 for the week)
The girls will be in a den of their own and will move around the camp per the special program developed just for them.
- Pre-teen/Teens: Age 11 to 17, register as a youth volunteer. See Youth Volunteer information above.
GUESTS / VISITORS:
All guests/visitors must check-in at the Headquarters (Command Center) to obtain a visitor badge. Individuals without a visitor badge will be asked to go back to Headquarters to obtain one or to exit the camp area. NOTE: ALL PERSONS STAYING AT CAMP LONGER THAN 15 MINUTES MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES.